Although our family’s Easter dinner consists of BBQ steaks, beans and rice, I still love a good ham for breakfast with eggs over easy during the holiday weekend. Most of the grocery stores have great deals this weekend on hams. Plus, the Easter Ham turns into so many other delicious dishes during the week: torta sandwiches, empanadas, and of course, I reserve the bone for slow cooked frijoles.
For this Easter Ham recipe, I melted butter with crushed pineapple, brown sugar, and hot chile powder as a glaze. I absolutely love the sweetness of the pineapple and what it does for the ham.The chile powder offers a subtle heat at the back of your throat. Nothing overpowering, just a gentle, spicy kick.
Easter Ham with Pinapple Chile Glaze
Bone in Ham (8 lbs)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Place the ham in a deep roasting pan.
- In a small sauce pan over medium-low heat, add the pineapple, brown sugar, butter and stir in the red chile powder.
- Once melted, spoon over the ham.
- Tent the ham with foil. Bake for two hours (or 15 minutes per pound).