Founded by culinary graduate Art Rodriguez and marketing maven and home cook Stephen Chavez, LatinoFoodie has quickly become a source for home cooks and foodies to come to for the latest Latin recipes, festival and restaurant coverage, cultural trends, and upcoming tasting events.
Let LatinoFoodie inspire your inner chef with these delicious recipes. From main dishes to desserts, we showcase the recipes we love.
chef Q & A
Curious about the people behind the food or restaurants? In this section, we interview some of the most popular chefs in the LA restaurant scene.
- Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Society Culinaria courtesy of Cacique, Inc. However all opinions are our own and the recipe ours, too. We thank you for supporting the brands we love and who help keep this blog alive. First things first – You can get this recipe on the Cacique website. Click here. Tired of the old Mexican standard Continue Reading...Read More
- Recipe commissioned by Azuñia Tequila; however, all ideas and recipe concepts are our own. Thank you for supporting those brands that make this blog possible. Cinco de Mayo commemorates the historic Battle of Puebla when a small Mexican army defeated the well-financed French army. Please remember, it does not mark Mexico’s independence. Although the holiday is mostly celebrated here in Continue Reading...Read More
- Tired of boring lunches? It can be tough finding new ways to use familiar ingredients. So you have to try this easy lunchtime Poblano grilled cheese sandwich with Oaxaca cheese and Spanish chorizo. The rajas or strips of charred Poblano peppers provides a mild heat to this hearty grilled cheese sandwich while the smoked Spanish chorizo adds a rich savory element Continue Reading...Read More
- Salsa Casera or House Salsa is one of the simplest and most flavorful salsas that brings a robust heat and a smokey flavor from the charred tomatoes and chile peppers. Beware! I like heat and so this recipe has one dried Scorpion pepper added to the mix. Scorpion peppers are one of the hottest chiles in the world, with a Continue Reading...Read More
- Disclaimer: This is a paid post on behalf of Smart & Final. However, all opinions and ideas are our own, including this delicious recipe for Tropical Capirotada made with First Street® brands. Even though this weekend calls for rain, for most of the winter we’ve been enduring tropical-like weather in Los Angeles, with temps soaring to the high 80s and low 90s. Continue Reading...Read More