Founded by culinary graduate Art Rodriguez and marketing maven and home cook Stephen Chavez, LatinoFoodie has quickly become a source for home cooks and foodies to come to for the latest Latin recipes, festival and restaurant coverage, cultural trends, and upcoming tasting events.
Let LatinoFoodie inspire your inner chef with these delicious recipes. From main dishes to desserts, we showcase the recipes we love.
chef Q & A
Curious about the people behind the food or restaurants? In this section, we interview some of the most popular chefs in the LA restaurant scene.
- Sweet & Tart, just like me (or so I’ve heard). In early summer, berries are plentiful at farmers markets and local grocery stores. The warm weather also has us yearning for refreshing cocktails. Can you guess where we got our inspiration for this salad/dessert recipe? That’s right — Mojitos! The Mojito-inspired Summer Berry Salad tastes sweet from the strawberries and Continue Reading...Read More
- Recently we had a minor scare with both of our fathers and their hearts. One had to have a pacemaker inserted and the other was rushed to the hospital for chest pains. The enormity of the experience have Art and I rethinking our recipes for ourselves and loved ones. That was our inspiration to create a Heart Healthy Father’s Day Continue Reading...Read More
- This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Constellation Brands. All opinions are mine alone. The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older. #SummertimeCerveza #CollectiveBias We live only two hours away from Baja California, where battered fried fish tacos hail from. I can still remember sitting on a street curb in Tijuana eating my Continue Reading...Read More
- Mother’s Day. A time of year to honor the gifts and love your mother has unselfishly offered you all these years. Latinofoodie would like to acknowledge our mothers — Norma Rodriguez and Cecilia Chavez — two powerful and loving women who gave their love unconditionally in a grand way to us. We’re lucky to still have Art’s mom around and Continue Reading...Read More
- Winter has come and gone and the warmer weather is hitting Southern California with a vengeance. On days like today where temperatures are reaching close to the 90s, I want to treat my family with a cool and refreshing snack. We created these new Creamy Mango-Chile Ice Pops with Nestlé® La Lechera®. The sweetness of the mango and condensed milk Continue Reading...Read More