Founded by culinary graduate Art Rodriguez and marketing maven and home cook Stephen Chavez, LatinoFoodie has quickly become a source for home cooks and foodies to come to for the latest Latin recipes, festival and restaurant coverage, cultural trends, and upcoming tasting events.
Let LatinoFoodie inspire your inner chef with these delicious recipes. From main dishes to desserts, we showcase the recipes we love.
chef Q & A
Curious about the people behind the food or restaurants? In this section, we interview some of the most popular chefs in the LA restaurant scene.
- The best part of writing a food recipe blog with someone is that you can sit and compare family recipes like this Beef Picadillo. Both of our moms were tremendous cooks but rarely used written recipes. Most of the meals came from what they learned growing up. Recently, we were talking about Mexican Picadillo recipes. We started to laugh because we both Continue Reading...Read More
- Mexican Rajas con Crema are flame roasted poblano chiles, cut into strips and cooked with onions and garlic and Mexican crema. Depending on the heat of the poblano pepper, the dish can be spicy or slightly spicy. People eat Rajas con Crema simply in a corn tortilla as a taco or top a chicken breast or steak with the creamy mixture. Others Continue Reading...Read More
- The other day I had a craving for Milanesa de Res that just wouldn’t go away. What’s milanesa? It is beef pounded thin, lightly breaded and fried quickly on both sides. A friend of mine said, “It’s like the Mexican version of chicken-fried steak.” I guess you can say that’s true. The craving wouldn’t dissipate, so I finally packed up Continue Reading...Read More
- By now, we hope most people in the United States understand that Cinco de Mayo is not a major holiday in Mexico. Yet, here in the U.S., we take this opportunity to demonstrate our love affair with Mexican culture and heritage. A big part of our culture is la comida — the food. If you’re planning a Cinco de Mayo fiesta Continue Reading...Read More
- Do you ever get bored in the kitchen? You know, cooking the same dish the same way every time? Sometimes all we need to do is switch things up. I felt like this recently when I purchased a pre-made pizza dough. We had some shredded carnitas leftover from a Farmer John Pork Butt we slow cooked the night before. I thought, Continue Reading...Read More