Founded by culinary graduate Art Rodriguez and marketing maven and home cook Stephen Chavez, LatinoFoodie has quickly become a source for home cooks and foodies to come to for the latest Latin recipes, festival and restaurant coverage, cultural trends, and upcoming tasting events.
Let LatinoFoodie inspire your inner chef with these delicious recipes. From main dishes to desserts, we showcase the recipes we love.
chef Q & A
Curious about the people behind the food or restaurants? In this section, we interview some of the most popular chefs in the LA restaurant scene.
- Cooking school changed my life. Lost, lonely, confused and living in my Ford Escape part-time, I went to an open-house at Le Cordon Bleu in Pasadena and the rest is history. And let me tell you, the culinary classes were a lot of hard work. Still, I’d do it again in a heartbeat. Now, you, too, can have a cooking Continue Reading...Read More
- This is a sponsored post by Cacique Inc. All opinions are my own. Gorditas mean “little fat ones” in Spanish, and during big family dinners it also means full, satisfied pansas. Making gorditas with Cacique’s Queso Enchilado is a special treat that does involve a little bit of labor like homemade tortillas or making tamales. Unlike tamales, you don’t need Continue Reading...Read More
- There are times when people introduce me to friends as a “foodie” and I feel somewhat of an impostor. It happens especially when I think of my relationship and knowledge of ancient grains. Let’s face it, growing up the extent of grains served were Mexican rice, white rice and oatmeal. Even brown rice didn’t make it to the dinner table. Continue Reading...Read More
- Updated 2/24/15 — CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WINNER: Connie Kmiec from Wisconsin!! We’ll be sending you a basket of Herdez Brand salsas this week! ENJOY!!! Everything happened so fast and for not being a “morning person” waking up at the crack of dawn to be on television for a cooking segment felt so chaotic and weird. You see, last week, I Continue Reading...Read More
- Chocolate has a place in my kitchen and my heart because that is where my chocolate desserts are born: for my friends, family and my beau. Stephen has his favorite desserts that aren’t always chocolate, such as cheesecake, tres leches cake, crème brûlée, etc. And while he has had his far share, it’s important not to spoil them…too much. It Continue Reading...Read More
Please check back for events soon.
Follow @LatinoFoodie on Twitter
Homemade lemon curd & brown sugar meringue with crisp sheets of sugared phyllo. Not the best pic but… https://t.co/2QGJod7b0h