Founded by culinary graduate Art Rodriguez and marketing maven and home cook Stephen Chavez, LatinoFoodie has quickly become a source for home cooks and foodies to come to for the latest Latin recipes, festival and restaurant coverage, cultural trends, and upcoming tasting events.
Let LatinoFoodie inspire your inner chef with these delicious recipes. From main dishes to desserts, we showcase the recipes we love.
chef Q & A
Curious about the people behind the food or restaurants? In this section, we interview some of the most popular chefs in the LA restaurant scene.
- We know him as the up-and-coming Mexican-born chef cooking kosher food on the west side of Los Angeles, gaining wide attention for bringing his unique touch while serving basic fare of tacos, burritos, and quesadillas. He’s got spunk and chutzpah. And, a fierce yearning for competition as he won Food Network’s CHOPPED and irked his competition as a top contender Continue Reading...Read More
- “Baby, it’s cold outside.” I realize by this time of year that line has been overplayed on the radio and is as old and tired as your handmade ugly Christmas sweater. Here in Los Angeles, the temperatures have dropped below flip flops and shorts weather and in our home, that means warming up the kitchen with restorative winter soups. One Continue Reading...Read More
- Las Posadas is a special time of year for Latinos across the world. It’s a time to gather with friends, family, neighbors and co-workers, to share our love, faith and food. The word “posada” means “lodging,” and it’s signifies a time when Mary and Joseph were seeking shelter to give birth to Baby Jesus. The nine months of a pregnancy Continue Reading...Read More
- One of the most beautiful times of the year is during Las Posadas when Latino family and friends come together to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. Las Posadas are celebrated throughout Mexico and Central America and with it comes delicious traditional cuisine. As a child, I have vivid memories of the music, songs, colors and throngs of people who Continue Reading...Read More
- Every year hundreds of new cookbooks are unleashed on the unsuspecting public, causing mayhem with mysterious ingredients and panic attacks when you realize your bookcase has reached critical mass. So you dig your way out of last year’s fads, wiping away a layer of dust, realizing that somehow you own a copy of the shittiest cookbook in America: In the Continue Reading...Read More
Please check back for events soon.