Founded by culinary graduate Art Rodriguez and marketing maven and home cook Stephen Chavez, LatinoFoodie has quickly become a source for home cooks and foodies to come to for the latest Latin recipes, festival and restaurant coverage, cultural trends, and upcoming tasting events.
Let LatinoFoodie inspire your inner chef with these delicious recipes. From main dishes to desserts, we showcase the recipes we love.
chef Q & A
Curious about the people behind the food or restaurants? In this section, we interview some of the most popular chefs in the LA restaurant scene.
- You’ll never want to eat any other kind of enchilada after tasting these amazing Hatch Enchiladas Suizas with Chicken. In every bite, you’ll enjoy the robust flavor and heat from the hot Hatch Green Chiles. Heavy cream and sour cream mellow the fire from the Hatch chiles. Did you know? Enchiladas Suizas are said to be a nod to the Continue Reading...Read More
- Summer never tasted so good for El Coraloense, a Bell Gardens Mexican seafood restaurant as it won Best Paella and will now be representing the United States at this Sueca International Contest of Valencian Paella. El Coraloense Restaurante’s latest victory came at the Orange County Paella Wine & Beer Festival on Aug. 26 as they entered with a Paella Valencia, Continue Reading...Read More
- We are always looking for new inspiration in the kitchen. The hubby and I love to take classic dishes whether Mexican, American or Italian or (well, you get the picture) and switch it up a bit. This is what we did wit our Sopes with Chicken Tinga and Baby Bok Choy. Chicken Tinga is a classic Mexican dish of shredded Continue Reading...Read More
- The other night I had gone to a #Hatch Chile cooking demonstration by Chef Marco Zapien of Zapien Salsa Grill & Taqueria in Pico Rivera, my home town. Chef Marco created a fabulous menu with Roasted Hatch Chile Tortilla Soup to Hatch Chile Enchiladas Suizas. The dishes were outstanding and traditional in flavor. There is something magical about Hatch chiles Continue Reading...Read More
- From the moment you entered the plaza area of LA Live where AltaMed’s East LA Meets Napa event moved to this year, you could feel the beat of the flamenco music, which seemed appropriate given the new Rioja wine region twist to the event, and smell the aroma of good food cooking. Once again, the folks at AltaMed Health Services Continue Reading...Read More