Founded by culinary graduate Art Rodriguez and marketing maven and home cook Stephen Chavez, LatinoFoodie has quickly become a source for home cooks and foodies to come to for the latest Latin recipes, festival and restaurant coverage, cultural trends, and upcoming tasting events.
Let LatinoFoodie inspire your inner chef with these delicious recipes. From main dishes to desserts, we showcase the recipes we love.
chef Q & A
Curious about the people behind the food or restaurants? In this section, we interview some of the most popular chefs in the LA restaurant scene.
- Nothing is better than the smell of ham baking in your kitchen . We typically use brown sugar and butter to make a glaze or even maple syrup. This time, we searched for a sweet fruit that is native to Mexico and South America and would pair nicely with some heat of a Habanero pepper. From mangoes to tamarindo, the Continue Reading...Read More
- I grew up eating chile verde in burritos, quesadillas or on a plate with rice and beans. I’m talking about my all time favorite Slow Cooked Pork Chile Verde Recipe. It’s pork shoulder (or butt) cooked so slow that it falls off the bone. Chile Verde salsa that has a tiny amount of tartness from the tomatillos and limes and Continue Reading...Read More
- THIS IS PART OF A SPONSORED COLLABORATION WITH MILKPEP AND DIME MEDIA. HOWEVER, ALL OPINIONS EXPRESSED ARE MY OWN. #HERENCIALECHE In autumn, we love playing with American classics soups and stews and making them our own like this Creamy Potato and Corn Soup with charred Poblano Peppers made with whole milk. What’s more luxurious than a creamy soup made with Continue Reading...Read More
- When Chefs Jaime & Ramiro walk out of the kitchen and into the restaurant, you can feel their energy. It’s dynamic and playful. Immediately, you feel at home in their space. The aromas are warm and inviting the colors and decor vibrant at their restaurants in Bell and Baldwin Hills area of Los Angeles. Recently, we had a chance to Continue Reading...Read More
- You’ll never want to eat any other kind of enchilada after tasting these amazing Hatch Enchiladas Suizas with Chicken. In every bite, you’ll enjoy the robust flavor and heat from the hot Hatch Green Chiles. Heavy cream and sour cream mellow the fire from the Hatch chiles. Did you know? Enchiladas Suizas are said to be a nod to the Continue Reading...Read More