Founded by culinary graduate Art Rodriguez and marketing maven and home cook Stephen Chavez, LatinoFoodie has quickly become a source for home cooks and foodies to come to for the latest Latin recipes, festival and restaurant coverage, cultural trends, and upcoming tasting events.
Let LatinoFoodie inspire your inner chef with these delicious recipes. From main dishes to desserts, we showcase the recipes we love.
chef Q & A
Curious about the people behind the food or restaurants? In this section, we interview some of the most popular chefs in the LA restaurant scene.
- The mark of good fried chicken, it has been said, is whether or not it is still good when eaten cold the next day. But then what? My cravings kept leaning towards cheesy fried chicken sandwiches with Latin twists, like spicy Hatch chile and chicharron crusts. It’s a staple now, a chicken dish I am happy to add to my Continue Reading...Read More
- I drank a hundred year old beer while taking batting lessons from Los Angeles Dodger legend Manny Mota. True story, but let me begin at the beginning. Montejo is brewed at Cerveceria Modelo S. de R.L. de C.V. in Tuxtepec, Oaxaca, Mexico. It is a crisp, golden lager that pours cleanly and has an excellent aroma and smooth flavor that Continue Reading...Read More
- Quick and easy. No, that’s not what they used to call me in college. I’m talking about those weeknight dinner meals that you whip up after a long day at work. When I am too pooped to be standing in the kitchen cooking a gourmet meal for my husband, I look for easy recipes that still carry a lot of Continue Reading...Read More
- We’ve got a quick recipe round up featuring 4 WATERMELON RECIPES for your Independence Day celebrations! Happy 4th of July!...Read More
- HERE’S THE STORY THAT WAS RECENTLY FEATURED ON KABC-TV. YOU CAN WATCH THE VIDEO AT THE END OF THIS ARTICLE. From panela cheese to tostones, mainstream grocery stores are now stocking the aisles and refrigerated/frozen sections with Latin food beyond the “Hispanic Aisle.” KABC-TV Lori Corbin interviewed LatinoFoodie recently to talk about how the size of the Hispanic population as Continue Reading...Read More
Please check back for events soon.
Follow @LatinoFoodie on Twitter
Can you take the heat of a hot pepper? These kids definitely learned their lesson. Ha! http://t.co/kFfwzY2QUj
My sister is getting hitched so I have less than a month to fit into...well anything that isn't gym… https://t.co/5AQuM1841f