Hola/Hello! Welcome to LatinoFoodie, a food and travel blog based in Los Angeles. Stephen and Art love to share favorite homestyle Mexican food recipes and local restaurant finds. We’re foodies at heart. You’ll also learn about our culinary travel adventures. Thank you for following along for the ride and sharing our site with family and friends.
Let LatinoFoodie inspire your inner chef with these delicious Mexican and Latin-inspired recipes. From main dishes to desserts, we showcase the recipes we love and remember from our childhood.
Latino Chef Q & As
Curious about the people behind the food or restaurants? In this section, we interview some of the most popular chefs near and far.
- A good Chicken Tinga recipe brings boring shredded chicken to life with chipotles in adobo sauce lending their smoky flavor and heat. Serve the Chicken Tinga in a burrito with rice and beans, or on top of a tostada, taco or sope. It’s really that versatile! Chicken Tinga Yield: 6-8 servings Ingredients 8 ripe Roma tomatoes (about 2 pounds), Continue Reading...Read More
- This Mexican Shrimp Cocktail – Coctel de Camarones – immediately takes me to a small beach off of Baja California where the ocean breeze feels good under the warm sun. SIMPLY HEAVEN Every spoonful of the Mexican shrimp cocktail has me imagining I am sipping an iced cold Mexican lager with friends while a trio of musicians stands behind me Continue Reading...Read More
- Cool off in this warm weather with this recipe for an effervescent and refreshing Tepache, a lightly fermented pineapple drink. Tepache has similar qualities to a light alcohol cider. Although Tepache comes from the Mexican state of Jalisco, various types of fermented beverages have been drunk throughout Mexico since the creation of dirt. Luckily, Tepache has made its way up north. While it Continue Reading...Read More
- Why do we have to wait for winter to enjoy the sweet flavor of a favorite Mexican hot beverage, Champurrado? In the heat of summer, it’s all about homemade ice cream in our household. Inspired by the thick hot chocolate drink, we developed this recipe for homemade Champurrado Ice Cream, a creamy, rich delight that carries with it all the Continue Reading...Read More
- Chile Rellenos can be one of those more intimidating Mexican dishes to prepare because you want the egg batter to be light and fluffy. In this Chile Relleno Casserole recipe, you eliminate the stress and worries and simply enjoy the flavors. What are the flavors of the Chile Relleno Casserole? You’ll taste the heat of the roasted poblano peppers and Continue Reading...Read More
Follow @LatinoFoodie on Twitter
Way to go Prince Harry! https://t.co/OTZKtLA3qw
Prince Harry's fight against systemic racism: Harry and Meghan have also been calling on the heads of corporations to reconsider supporting certain social media platforms they say are creating a “crises of hate.” @Zohreen reports. https://t.co/UgFlwECa3o https://t.co/RO2XSk90OY