One of the best food, lifestyle & travel blogs in Los Angeles, LatinoFoodie has quickly become a top source for foodies to find recipes and discover exciting travel destinations. As true gourmands, we love to eat cuisine from all over the world. Yet, our favorite remains Mexican and Latin food.
Let LatinoFoodie inspire your inner chef with these delicious Mexican and Latin-inspired recipes. From main dishes to desserts, we showcase the recipes we love and remember from our childhood.
Latino Chef Q & As
Curious about the people behind the food or restaurants? In this section, we interview some of the most popular chefs near and far.
- We’ve got three fantastic ideas for what we are calling Heart-cuterie boards. Heart, soul and pansa – the trinity of our lives nourished by friends, family and food. As foodies and Latinos, we often show our love through food. And looking at me and Stephen, we sure do have a lot of love around us! HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN Continue Reading...Read More
- This Valentine’s Day surprise your honey with a beautiful dessert we are calling a Concha Tart. Please note this recipe blog post is for the Dulce de Leche Pastry Cream and the assembly of the concha tart. Our recipe for homemade conchas is here. But, you can easily make the Concha Tart with store-bought Mexican sweet bread. What is dulce Continue Reading...Read More
- Conchas. Everybody’s favorite pan dulce, or Mexican sweet bread. Enjoying a concha with your morning cafecito is the best way to start your day. Most panaderias will have soft, warm conchas available first thing in the morning, but every once in a while you want something a little extra…like homemade conchas. Conchas are made with yeast, but these are pretty Continue Reading...Read More
- Love is in the air, so why not in our bellies? We’ve got Red Hot Velvet Cupcakes for you just in time for Valentine’s Day. The Red Hot Velvet Cupcakes recipe comes from a party we hosted many years ago — A Latinofoodie Valentine’s Day party for some family and some close friends. The five course tasting menu was designed Continue Reading...Read More
- PERUVIAN TALLARIN VERDE Peruvian food has emerged as one of the hottest food trends for the U.S., especially here in Los Angeles. While searching for a Peruvian recipe that we could make in our own kitchen, we stumbled upon the Tallarin Verde. Interesting to note the Italian immigrant influence of pesto to Peru. IT’S ALL ABOUT THE CREAMY PESTO SAUCE Continue Reading...Read More