Hola/Hello! Welcome to LatinoFoodie, a food and travel blog based in Los Angeles. Stephen and Art love to share favorite homestyle Mexican food recipes and local restaurant finds. We’re foodies at heart. You’ll also learn about our culinary travel adventures. Thank you for following along for the ride and sharing our site with family and friends.
Let LatinoFoodie inspire your inner chef with these delicious Mexican and Latin-inspired recipes. From main dishes to desserts, we showcase the recipes we love and remember from our childhood.
Latino Chef Q & As
Curious about the people behind the food or restaurants? In this section, we interview some of the most popular chefs near and far.
- This is our simple, yet flavorful recipe for al pastor. The traditional trompo is fantastic but if you don’t have one handy, you can grill, roast or pan fry for that same sweet, tangy, smoky goodness that you’d expect from al pastor tacos. With that in mind, I replaced the traditional orange juice for pineapple juice, since you won’t get Continue Reading...Read More
- Nothing beats a warm cup of creamy, thick vanilla Atole when it’s cold outside. This traditional Mexican hot beverage is a staple in many homes. We are blessed that we live in a city where vendors in street carts are selling cups of Atole on street corners. Below is a simple, traditional recipe for Vanilla Atole. The beauty of Atole, Continue Reading...Read More
- This shop has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #Food4Less #TraditionsToCelebrate Dia de los Muertos continues to grow in popularity in the United States. It’s a beautiful tradition when families remember loved ones who have passed. It is a time to reflect and call the spirits back. The holiday, celebrated every year on November Continue Reading...Read More
- A beautiful, vibrant hue of magenta pink tantalizes your eyes while the flavor of Prickly Pear Agua Fresca quenches your thirst and delights your tastebuds. That’s the only way to describe the Mexican-style beverage. Prickly Pears are the fruit of nopales cactus. They come in a variety of shades from deep red to greenish-white. The flavor is probably close to Continue Reading...Read More
- This shop has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #Food4Less #FreshFoodAllSummer #SummerGrillingMyWay Summer is upon us and it is time to enjoy some delicious outdoor cooking. For many of us in Southern California, this means it is Carne Asada time! Below is our favorite carne asada marinade recipe we have been using for Continue Reading...Read More
Follow @LatinoFoodie on Twitter
Summer is upon us and it's time to enjoy Carne Asada w/ la familia. We were able to find all of the ingredients for our favorite marinade at our local FOOD4LESS® store.
#ad https://t.co/7dIGmq44qy #Food4Less #FreshFoodAllSummer #SummerGrillingMyWay https://t.co/FJyzufRe7q
Happy #PrideMonth! 🏳️🌈
Oh, how life has changed. We recently became Foster Dads! Now cooking and baking takes on a whole new meaning for our lil family. Read our story and find the recipe for PRIDE CONCHAS https://t.co/n5Fx7G2FQ8 #sponsored #bakedwithBobs #betterwithbobs https://t.co/14BrRMFtRX