UPDATE: Contest is now closed.
We finally had our Julia Child moment as we prepared lobster two ways to celebrate Red Lobster’s #BestLobsterFest happening now until April 13, 2014. The restaurant chain sent us four, live, one-and-a-half pound lobsters, allowing us to experiment with different recipes. Did I mention these lobsters were LIVE?
While we enjoyed preparing our own dueling lobsters, actually, it was A LOT of fun, if you’d rather the experts cook up one of these delicious dishes for you, stop into your local Red Lobster for Lobsterfest. To help get you there, they gave us gift cards to giveaway. Continue reading to learn how to make Art’s delicious Cilantro Citrus Butter and win a gift card.
In our kitchen we were serving our lobsters simply so Art wanted to play with various butter flavorings. He grilled two of the lobsters basted in a tangy Cilantro Citrus Butter. The fresh juices of oranges and limes melded together nicely with the butter and cilantro.
I went another route and fried the lobsters in lard. Yep, good ol’ manteca Puerto Nuevo style. Puerto Nuevo is a sea side community located in Rosarito Beach Municipality in the Mexican state of Baja California; it is famous as the “Lobster Village.” According to tradition, the lobsters are pan-fried in lard, so the meat stays soft and tender with beans, rice and homemade flour tortillas served on the side.
Channeling our inner Julia Child as we prepared our lobster two ways. Enjoy the video below.
Cilantro Citrus Butter Recipe
¼ teaspoon lime zest
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
½ bunch fresh cilantro
½ teaspoon dried oregano
1 Serrano pepper, stemmed, seeded
2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
2 tablespoon fresh orange juice
3 garlic cloves, peeled
4 tablespoon melted butter
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender.
- Divide the cilantro citrus butter: some for serving and some for basting.
- Poach your lobster in boiling water for 3 minutes.
- Preheat your grill.
- Once cool enough to handle, cut your lobster in half lengthwise. It is best to use a sharp knife. Clean out the green tomalley.
- Lightly brush your lobster with some of your cilantro citrus butter. Place on the grill, meat side down for about 30 seconds. Then carefully turn over and allow to cook for another 5 minutes, brushing the butter on your lobster throughout the grilling process.
More about #BestLobsterFest. This year there are three new Lobsterfest platters:
- Dueling Lobster Tails (one tail is stuffed with garlic shrimp, the other with crab salad)
- Ultimate Surf and Turf (crab-stuffed lobster tail & grilled sirloin topped with Maine lobster meat)
- Lobster in Paradise (coconut-breaded lobster tail with coconut dipping sauce, grilled shrimp and a tropical lobster, shrimp, and macadamia nut bake)
Don’t miss your chance to indulge on all things lobster at this year’s Lobsterfest. To learn more visit RedLobster.com, and connect on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram at Facebook.com/RedLobster, @RedLobster and @OfficialRedLobster using #bestlobsterfest.
Hurry Lobsterfest ends on April 13.
Red Lobster Giveaway:
Leave a comment on this post and enter to win a gift card from Red Lobster. We’ll be selecting two winners.
Red Lobster provided LatinoFoodie with the live lobsters and gift cards, but all opinions are our own.