Crisp red apples, raisins, celery, pineapple, and pecans are some of the ingredients in this classic Mexican Christmas Apple Salad recipe.
The fruit and nuts are tossed with sour cream and mayonnaise sweetened ever so gently with a squeeze of agave syrup.
The salad is not overly sweet nor savory. The flavor is right in the middle and perfect to serve on your holiday buffet.
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 2 large red apples, diced
- 1 cup chopped pineapple chunks
- 2/3 cups raisins
- 2/3 cups finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup
- 2/3 cups chopped pecans
- 10 maraschino cherries for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl pour water and lime juice and stir.
- Add apples to the lime water and toss well to keep the fruit from browning.
- In a large add pineapple, raisins, and celery.
- In a small bowl, mix the sour cream, mayonnaise, and agave syrup.
- Add the apples, pecans, and cream mixture to the large bowl of pineapples, raisins, and celery. Mix well.
- Add salt and pepper.
Serve the Mexican Christmas Apple Salad in a pretty bowl or individual glass bowls and dot with the cherries.