A beautiful, vibrant hue of magenta pink tantalizes your eyes while the flavor of Prickly Pear Agua Fresca quenches your thirst and delights your tastebuds. That’s the only way to describe the Mexican-style beverage.
Prickly Pears are the fruit of nopales cactus. They come in a variety of shades from deep red to greenish-white. The flavor is probably close to a watermelon. Although the tiny black seeds inside the fruit are edible, we prefer to strain them out after removing the skin and blending the pulp.
How to Peel a Prickly Pear
It’s quite simple. With a sharp knife, cut off both ends. Make a slit down the middle and with your fingers remove the outer, inedible peel.
Here’s our recipe for a delicious, refreshing Prickly Pear Agua Fresca.
Prickly Pear Agua Fresca
Refreshing Mexican beverage made from the fruit of the nopales cactus.
- 6-8 prickly pears, skins removed
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 8 - 10 cups of filtered water
- Add the prickly pears in a blender. Puree.
- Pour the prickly pear mixture into a large bowl using a sieve to remove the seeds.
- Add the prickly pear juice to a blender with the sugar and water.
- Blend well and pour over ice.
Try our Watermelon Agua Fresca recipe by clicking here.
Great article, just what I was looking for Cactus pear.
Fantastic post, very informative. I’m wondering why the other experts of this sector don’t notice this.
You must continue your writing. I’m confident, you’ve
a great readers’ base already!