Well hello there, you must have followed the trail of kisses from our Instagram stories.
This blog post will be updated later but Valentine’s Day is tomorrow(!) and we want to get this posted fast.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, diced and softened
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup seedless jam (strawberry or raspberry)
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- With the stand mixer on medium speed, add in the egg and egg yolk. Then drizzle in the milk and vanilla. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Slowly add in the flour on slow speed. Slowly increase speed to medium and mix until fully combined. Scrape the sides and bottom of the mixing bowl as needed.
- With an ice cream scoop, scoop out 10 equal sized domes and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper, leaving them 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake 28-20 minutes, until the bottoms are golden brown and cooked through. Let cool completely.
- The assemble: spread jam on the bottom of the halves and sandwich together to make the beso/yoyo. Rub, spread or smear the jam all over the outside of the sandwiched besos. Roll in coconut until fully coated. Let dry on a cooling rack, about 2 hours.