This shop has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #Food4Less #FreshFoodAllSummer #SummerGrillingMyWay
Summer is upon us and it is time to enjoy some delicious outdoor cooking. For many of us in Southern California, this means it is Carne Asada time!
Below is our favorite carne asada marinade recipe we have been using for years. Sure it might slightly change from time to time depending on what we have readily available in our kitchen, but for the most part, when summer grilling season hits, our family will be using this recipe for our carne asada BBQ.
Think about it. Perfectly grilled carne asada, homemade Mexican rice and beans, and hot salsa with warm corn tortillas – you cannot ask for a better meal to share with family and friends!
The great news for us is that we can find all of the necessary ingredients for our summer grilling at our local FOOD4LESS® store. Sure we have other grocery options, but we enjoy shopping at FOOD4LESS® because of the quality of the meats and the freshness of the produce. Plus, I always feel good walking out of the store because I know I left some money in my pocket.
Enjoy our recipe for Carne Asada Marinade and Grilled Watermelon Salad! Grab some of the items needed for this recipe from FOOD4LESS® here.
FAVORITE CARNE ASADA MARINADE RECIPE
Citrus and Mexican beer come together in this delicious family favorite recipe for Carne Asada Marinade.
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons Seasoned Salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablesppons dired oregano
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 oranges, juiced
- 4 limes, juiced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 can of Mexican lager beer
- 1/2 white onion, thinly sliced into half moons
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients together with a fork.
- Add in liquids, onion, and cilantro.
- Add the flap steak, and mssage with your hands so the marinade ocvers all sides of the meat.
- Transfer to an air tight container and place in refrigerator for at least 12 hours.
Grilled Watermelon Salad
- 3 half inch slices of watermelon
- 2 cups fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup cotija cheese, crumbled
1. Grill watermelon on each side until grill marks are made, about 3 to 5 minutes on each side.
2. In a blender, emulsify all the other ingredients.
3. Serve at room temperature pouring over your grilled watermelon.
4. Crumble cotija cheese on top.
How lbs of meat is this recipe good for
I would say 6-7 pounds