Founded by culinary graduate Art Rodriguez and marketing maven and home cook Stephen Chavez, LatinoFoodie has quickly become a source for home cooks and foodies to come to for the latest Latin recipes, festival and restaurant coverage, cultural trends, and upcoming tasting events.
Let LatinoFoodie inspire your inner chef with these delicious recipes. From main dishes to desserts, we showcase the recipes we love.
chef Q & A
Curious about the people behind the food or restaurants? In this section, we interview some of the most popular chefs in the LA restaurant scene.
- Mother’s Day. A time of year to honor the gifts and love your mother has unselfishly offered you all these years. Latinofoodie would like to acknowledge our mothers — Norma Rodriguez and Cecilia Chavez — two powerful and loving women who gave their love unconditionally in a grand way to us. We’re lucky to still have Art’s mom around and Continue Reading...Read More
- Winter has come and gone and the warmer weather is hitting Southern California with a vengeance. On days like today where temperatures are reaching close to the 90s, I want to treat my family with a cool and refreshing snack. We created these new Creamy Mango-Chile Ice Pops with Nestlé® La Lechera®. The sweetness of the mango and condensed milk Continue Reading...Read More
- While we love our carb-loaded dishes, Art and I will from time to time place a limit on the “bad” carbs and increase our vegetable intake. You know, the “good carbs.” Don’t you just hate that some carbs get a bad rap? Our “go-to” dish during the week is Chicken Fajitas. Not only is the chicken a leaner cut of Continue Reading...Read More
- The headline says it all! It’s National Margarita Day — time to break out the cocktail shaker. We have tamarindo candy and tamarindo paste. Why not a tamarindo margarita? The sweet and sour flavor of the tamarindo pairs wonderfully with Azuñia Tequila to create a flavorful cocktail. Go to the frozen section of your local market to see if they have the Continue Reading...Read More
- This is part of a sponsored collaboration with National Pork Board and DiMe Media. However, all opinions expressed are my own. “Love is a many splendored thing. It’s the April rose that only grows in the early spring. Love is nature’s way of giving a reason to be living. The golden crown that makes a man a king.” Every day Continue Reading...Read More